Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Minister said that AP is number one in Ease of Doing Business and assured cooperation for industrial growth in the State. He expressed happiness over signing 14 MoUs which will provide employment to 2.25 Lac people. “The Asia Pulp & Paper mill which is going to set up its unit near Ramayapatnam with an investment of Rs. 24,000 Cr is going to commence production in 2 years,” he added.
- The MoUs include Maruti Ispat & Energy Private Limited in the business of steel, power and textiles. The company came forward to set up Steel and Alloy steel manufacturing plant with an investment of Rs. 1,227.01 Cr, providing direct employment to 1,180 and indirect employment to 3,250 people.
- The Telugu Pharmaceutical & Chemicals Association proposed to invest in several pharmaceutical companies in the State. The association is planning to set up a cluster of MSME Pharma Companies with an investment of Rs. 9,000 Cr, providing direct employment to 45,000 people and indirect employment to 1,50,000 people.
- The Hewlett Packard India (HP) a global leader in IT, technology & enterprise products, solutions and services, is collaborating with APEDB and the AP Innovation Society to set up a state of art center of excellence centered around 4th IR Technologies such as additive manufacturing.
- The ZTT India Private Limited Group is a leading player in optical fiber communication since the early 1990s. ZTT is active in the development, design, production, supply and installation of wide application ranges in telecom, power, renewable energy, oil and gas. It is planning to set up an Optical Fibre Cable Manufacturing industry with an investment of Rs. 700 Cr, providing direct employment to 400 and indirect employment to 250 people.
- The Ojovati Pvt Limited headquartered in Singapore is engaged in the business of a lithium-ion cell manufacturing planning to set up a Lithium-ion cell manufacturing company at Sri City with an investment of Rs. 1,600 Cr. It will provide direct employment to 700 and indirect employment to 500 people.
- The Avanze Inventive Private Limited which is in the business of building energy storage solutions and is headquartered in New Delhi will set up a Lithium-ion Battery Manufacturing plant with an investment of Rs. 1,800 Cr at Sri City, providing direct employment to 900 and indirect employment to 1,000 people.
- The Godavari University will set up a private university in AP, that offers technical and scientific scholastic courses in Petroleum Studies, Computer Science, Business Studies, Agricultural Studies, Medical Liberal Arts and so on. About 7,000 students will be covered in 10 years with an investment of Rs. 710 Cr in the West Godavari district. It will provide direct employment to 3,000 and indirect employment to 1,000 people.
- The Accolite India Private Limited is planning to set up a center for excellence in the existing government/private university that aspires to promote scholastic programs, applied research and R&D Centres of Sports equipment, wear and accessory manufacturers. 8,000 students will be covered by 2024. The company plans on investing Rs. 90 Cr in AP.
- The Silver Oaks International School plans to develop an International Baccalaureate School in Amaravati with an investment of Rs. 30-35 Cr, providing employment to 500 people.
- The Shreyantra Industrial Hemp Andhra Private Limited plans to set up industrial Hemp park (Cultivation of industrial hemp) with an investment of Rs. 1,000 Cr, providing direct employment to 1,500 and indirect employment to 2,000 farmers.
- The Dream Valley Resorts plans to set up Adventure and Entertainment Park, 5 Star Golf Resort with 18-Hole Championship Golf course and club-house along with premium residential units with an investment of Rs. 205 Cr, providing direct employment to 540 and indirect employment to 1,125 people.
- The SAPL Industries Private Limited plans to set up Garment Manufacturing Plant in Kappalabanda in Anantapur district with an investment of Rs. 39 Cr, providing direct employment to 2,200 and indirect employment to 135 people.
- A private company is intending to establish LNG Terminal and LCNG fuel stations across 20 locations in Andhra Pradesh with an investment of Rs. 4,800 Cr, providing direct employment to 350 and indirect employment to 350 people.
- The Wicked Rides plans to roll out "Bounce" smart two-wheeler urban mobility services and "Wickedrides" Bike Tourism services in AP with an investment of Rs. 118 Cr in 2 phases providing direct employment opportunities to 1250 and Indirect employment to 5000 people.
Mr. J Krishna Kishore, Chief Executive Officer, Andhra Pradesh Economic Development Board said, “Andhra Pradesh is poised to catalyze investments in manufacturing owing to robust infrastructure for connectivity, enabling policies, integration with global value chains and a skilled and ready workforce.”
Jeong Deok-min, who is also appointed as the special representative of AP in Korea said that a hundred tonnes of shrimp will be imported from AP by the end of April 2019 for the shrimp festival in Korea. In addition, there will be promotional activities to encourage the import of mangoes and chili from AP too. Mr. Jeong Deok-min will play an invaluable role in promoting trade and investment partnerships between AP and Korea.